Volunteers Needed

DonRocks

The problem with losing Leigh is that we need ten people to do the work of one. :(

It's of paramount importance to keep the index threads up to date, and now that Leigh is ENGAGED! and moving (and by the way, consider this a pre-announcement of her December 5th farewell happy hour at Proof), this community really needs one volunteer per forum to maintain them. I can do the DC Restaurants, the Professionals and Businesses, and the New York forum (for now), and I suspect Melina is silently maintaining the Shopping and Cooking forum (Melina has a tendency to do the work of 50 people without even letting anyone know about it), but we need the other forums maintained also. I don't want to ask the forum hosts to do any more work, so ... can anyone volunteer to pick an index and be in charge of it?

As always, thank you for making this a wonderful place. If I wasn't so busy trying to maintain it, I'd enjoy it pretty much on a daily basis. :mellow:

The problem with losing Leigh is that we need ten people to do the work of one. :(

It's of paramount importance to keep the index threads up to date, and now that Leigh is ENGAGED! and moving (and by the way, consider this a pre-announcement of her December 5th farewell happy hour at Proof), this community really needs one volunteer per forum to maintain them. I can do the DC Restaurants, the Professionals and Businesses, and the New York forum (for now), and I suspect Melina is silently maintaining the Shopping and Cooking forum (Melina has a tendency to do the work of 50 people without even letting anyone know about it), but we need the other forums maintained also. I don't want to ask the forum hosts to do any more work, so ... can anyone volunteer to pick an index and be in charge of it?

As always, thank you for making this a wonderful place. If I wasn't so busy trying to maintain it, I'd enjoy it pretty much on a daily basis. :mellow:

Don, if someone can walk me through what needs to be done, I will gladly maintain the Help Needed forum. Smita

Don, if someone can walk me through what needs to be done, I will gladly maintain the Help Needed forum. Smita

Help Needed actually is maintained by DanCole42 -- it's one of the only ones that didn't fall to me! Are there any others you might help with?

If I can find the time, I could do a quick tutorial for a small group of people who would like to help. It requires some minimal HTML coding ability, but mostly it's data entry and organization -- not at all too difficult as long as you have a vaguely librarian-ish sense of humor. :)