Breville Smart Oven

lion

I have the small one and I use it daily; I roast veggies or fish in it as well as toast things, reheat baked goods, and more. Particularly when cooking for one or two (and not aiming for leftovers), it's awesome. My mom has one too, and it's the only oven she uses most of the time.

Oh -- I also will warm buns or rolls on the top of it, which gets hot, if I'm using it for something else.

I have a Breville (dumb) toaster oven, which I got on sale last Fall. I like it a lot--much better design than the Cuisinart toaster oven it replaced. The Breville crumb tray is a breeze to get at and remove. I didn't even know that the Cuisinart had a crumb tray, until I moved it out to put the Breville in its place. Who had the dumb idea to make a toaster oven crumb tray only accessible from the back?

^ I was thinking it would be even cooler if I put it out on the screened porch. I've been doing that with the rice cooker, but now the big tomatoes are coming in and I want to make tomato tarts. The stove is a little big to drag outside.

• Like 1

We have one and love it. If you have young kids and wind up heating (and reheating) lots of things like we do, it's particularly great since it heats up *very* quickly.

Edited to add: Just make sure you have sufficient counter space for it. We have the large one, and it is, indeed, large. Plus, as it's an oven, they recommend a certain amount of clearance on all sides.

We just used to it bake a 2 1/2 lb Halibut after stove pan frying.  It was great not to have to empty out the main oven and heat up the kitchen.  It is much more of a workhorse small oven that simply a toaster oven and can't recommend it enough.