Another free event at Artisan Confections! Aug 7th @ 7 PM

Andelman

So, this is something we did last year and I'd like to do it again (for those that couldn't make it or for new members).

Full disclosure, I am actually using you fine folks as a practice run for a similiar tasting we will be doing for a press event the following week. Unfortunately, I am going to be out of town for said press event, so I want to show my staff what they will need to do. So, here we go....

WHEN: Wednesday August 7th at 7 PM

WHERE: Artisan Confections shop in Clarendon (1025 N Fillmore St.)

WHO: only DR.com members. I (Jason) will be conducting the tasting.

WHAT and WHY: Well, I really just want to share with you all what we do here at Artisan Confections. I'm going to give a demo/talk about how we make our bon-bons and caramels and we will taste a multitude of products as we go. My goal is to have everyone walk away with a better idea of what we are all about. In that same vein, I would like to have an open discussion about the business side of things and how we operate. Look at the evening at as a 'behind the scenes" look at what we do here, both on the production and business sides. I am only inviting Dr.com members to this event because I am looking for some lively conversation from people that really, truly care about food and (from what I can tell) small businesses in general.It'll be a good old time, I promise. :)

COST: Like last time, I am just going to put out a box for tips in order to help cover costs. No payment is necessary, but if you'd like to contribute a small amount we'd appreciate it. Don't feel obligated though....

HOW: Please send me an email at jason@artisanconfections.com or PM to confirm your spot. No phone calls please. I really only have room for 20(possibly a few more) people maximum, so once it is full I'll start a wait list. The more the merrier, so I hope we can get a full house!

If you have any general questions, please post them here I will answer as promptly as I can.

Best,
Jason

• Like 1

Ok. Just a reminder about tomorrow nights event. I contacted everyone directly last week, so if your plans have changed, please let me know.

Please try to arrive as close to 7 PM as you can (to the Arlington shop!) and we can get started right away. I imagine we will be all done by 8:15-8:30.

There is free parking in the garage below our building, and there is often street parking out front.

I think we have about 15 people attending, so if anybody else wants to join in, please let me know by 3 PM tomorrow.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I look forward to seeing all of you tomorrow.

Regards,

Jason

Jason, thanks for a fun and informative evening!  We had a great time.

Getting to know you and your passion for what you do makes indulging in your amazing product even more enjoyable.

I can't thank you enough for hooking me up with some Manjari, now I just need the time to get into the kitchen and bake  :)

Many thanks to all that attended last night. I hope you all had a good time. It was also really beneficial for us, as it was great practice for the events next week.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Best,

Jason

FWIW, Facebook "told me" that my Tweet that rolled over into the dcdining.com page was "more engaging than many of [my] other posts," so hopefully it'll drum you up some business. :)

• Like 1