The Fractured Prune - A Maryland Made-To-Order Donut Chain Coming To New York City

You give us Alain Ducasse; we give you The Fractured Prune.

"Fractured Prune Launches National Expansion ...." by Lorraine Mirabella on baltimoresun.com

"The 37-year-old chain now has 13 locations in Maryland, including Ocean City, Parkville, Halethorpe, Frederick and Salisbury, and in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Later this month, a Fractured Prune will open in Utah, with more planned for New York City, Philadelphia, northern New Jersey, Arizona, California, Florida, Nebraska, Nevada, Idaho, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas, Brinton said."

The name sounds ridiculous until you read about its backstory - it's actually kind of sweet (pun intended).

Wasn't there already a thread about this somewhere?

I liked the outlet they had in the Rockville Town Square a few years ago - when I could get there. Oddly, for a donut store, they were not open in the morning for breakfast, or late for dessert. Seriously, their hours were like 12-7. There was never anyone in the store.

Wasn't there already a thread about this somewhere?

I liked the outlet they had in the Rockville Town Square a few years ago - when I could get there. Oddly, for a donut store, they were not open in the morning for breakfast, or late for dessert. Seriously, their hours were like 12-7. There was never anyone in the store.

Yes, the DC thread is here, and it's in the Maryland Dining Guide under Frederick since there are no longer any in DC or VA.