Goldbricking in Arlington

Walrus

I feel the desperate need to not be at my desk today and will be taking the afternoon out of the office. However, my work will follow me. Any suggestions as to where to go in Arlington that's a good place to sit and work and also get something to nibble on? Starbucks without the stress and without the eau du old-food-n-coffee lingering forever in your clothes...

If you are willing to drive a little, I would highly recommend heading out to Great Falls. You can grab a slice or two of pizza at Romantica and then sit at a picnic table close to the falls with your laptop and work and eat in a comfortable outdoor setting.

Or, if you need to stay in the Arlington area you can always work and eat at the Lost Dog Cafe?

If you're closer to Rosslyn than Ballston, I recommend Greenberry's in the RTS/Pho 75 strip mall next time. It's quiet, has free wifi, and tends to be filled all day with people doing a similar amount of goldbricking. I've never had the food, but it shows well and doesn't seem to permeate the air to badly.

I ended up at Harry's Tap Room, as it was walking distance -- had a very plesant afternoon, with attentive but not bothersome staff, good food, and good prices.

Missed this thread by a few days but good choice!

I escape to Harry's Tap Room for a late lunch often. After sampling a bit the baked Brie and the curry mussels, are what I like the most there.

Greenberry's Coffee is indeed a a good coffee shop to plunk down in.

The coffee shop across from the Court House Metro, in that bookstore I've found is a good laptop spot.

Hope this helps someone somewhere when they need to escape.