Dinner for 75 people in NOVA?

Skysplitter

Before anyone gets any ideas, this is not my engagement party! :P

A friend of mine is getting married over in Greece next summer so she wants to have a nice engagement party state-side for all of her friends in the area. She's looking mostly in Northern Virginia and driving farther out into VA is not a problem. DC is a bit of a problem with parking, etc. (Her comments, not mine!) The guiding principles are- someplace that looks nice and not like a banquet hall and good food (hence the post).

So she's looking at 2941, whose thread has been rather silent as of late, and looking for others. I saw Lightfoot Restaurant listed in Don's guide, and I sent her the link for Patowmack Farm, not knowing if they can accomodate that many people at all. Has anyone been to Lightfoot? Other ideas? .02?

danke for anything!

If she's willing to pay for 2941, it's the obvious choice. Lower price points might be tricky if she wants "American" food--maybe Vermilion (is the upstairs big enough)?
The upstairs only seats 50 & change at Vermilion. Might want to talk to the folks at Tallula. The space can definitely accomodate.