Mother's Day 2016 - Montgomery County and Takes AmEx

bookluvingbabe

So...

Let's say that your only request when you and your spouse discussed Mother's Day several months ago was that you weren't the one who had to make the reservations and that we weren't deciding things at the last minute.

And that today your spouse texted you to ask what you wanted to do and seemed to have no recollection of the previous conversation despite taking notes on his phone during said previous conversation.

Is there anyplace I can go with the BL-3rd grader for a nice brunch on Mother Day?  I just want some eggs florentine and not to have to pick up the phone to make the reservation--Bethesda, Rockville, North Potomac, etc. Money is no object as long as they take Amex.  I have the spouse's Amex.

(Yes, I'm bitter...)  

On 5/27/2016 at 2:12 PM, DonRocks said:

I want to hear the dénouement - this sounds delightfully train-wreckish!

BL-3rd grader and I had breakfast at Summerhouse in North Bethesda before his Sunday School class. We learned that you can't serve booze before 10 am in MoCo.  We also received two different sets of silverware with dried spinach bonded to the forks.  I didn't try his housemade sausage but he loved it.  He was less enthused by the waffle.  The poached eggs with smoked salmon I had was perfectly fine.

Mr. BLB also "remembered" that he booked the Grill Room for dinner.  Had he truly done it so far in advance he had forgotten or was this a face saving measure?  I don't know.  We ended up at a table next to someone I know from work and I got to bounce their newborn so the mom could finish her dinner.  BL-3rd grader had a lentil soup with a poached egg that he ate all of.  I had the gnocchi which was everything I love about Frank Ruta.  For my main, I ordered a lamb dish but had to trade with BL-3rd grader when he didn't like the classic burger.  Since I had insisted he order it, it was only fair.  I actually think he wasn't that hungry as much of the lamb came home and was my lunch the next day. 

It worked out but I will be making my own reservations far in advance next year.