Bollywood Masala - Southern Maryland-Based Indian Mini-Chain in California (MD) and La Plata

Take note Simul: (and others)  The owner of Bollywood Masala in way southern MD, California, MD has opened Bollywood Masala in La Plata.  I only reference Simul as I suspect you have a wee bit of experience with the cuisine ;) and you've referenced the original Bollywood Masala at least once in the past.  La Plata just opened in the last week or so.  I'm not qualified to speak to the restaurant or cuisine, but I've spoken to the owner off and on in the past and visited the original and still operating location once a few years ago.

(I'm a wuss when it comes to Indian Cusine, but more specifically a wuss as it relates to hot) :D

They have great food, and will turn up the spice level to 11, but if you're white they will fight you. Literally just tell you "No, you won't like it if it's that spicy". They relocated the one in the deep south and now it's across from The Wildewood Shopping Center, and something happened service-wise. My dosimetrist lives in Leonardtown and went there at least once a month, and basically now you go there, no one takes your order forever, it could take over an hour to get your food, and people just end up leaving ... she is a long, long time customer, and the owner told her that they just don't have good staffing, and I'm really surprised they would attempt to take on another restaurant. It's very obvious on Yelp, everything is fine, mostly good reviews, then BOOM ... it all went to hell. But, anyway, La Plata is only 15-20 minutes from both clinics, and Imma hit it up next Wednesday. 

Interesting, the La Plata one has two Yelp listings. Here is the other one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simul Parikh said:

They have great food, and will turn up the spice level to 11, but if you're white they will fight you. Literally just tell you "No, you won't like it if it's that spicy". They relocated the one in the deep south and now it's across from The Wildewood Shopping Center, and something happened service-wise. My dosimetrist lives in Leonardtown and went there at least once a month, and basically now you go there, no one takes your order forever, it could take over an hour to get your food, and people just end up leaving ... she is a long, long time customer, and the owner told her that they just don't have good staffing, and I'm really surprised they would attempt to take on another restaurant. It's very obvious on Yelp, everything is fine, mostly good reviews, then BOOM ... it all went to hell. But, anyway, La Plata is only 15-20 minutes from both clinics, and Imma hit it up next Wednesday. 

Interesting, the La Plata one has two Yelp listings. Here is the other one.

thanks for the updates.  I visited the old location deep down south.  Wasn't aware of the move.  The owner had taken the bartending school course in Arlington, and had hired some grads.  Nice guy.  That is why I got down there and interacted w/ him a bit.  

But as to spice level.  They wouldn't have to nor did they need to "fight me".  I'm probably a -2 person on the hotness scale.  Pure wuss.  Completely unqualified to render judgement.  I appreciate your insights.