New York Family in NoVa - American, Italian or other "Bland" Cuisines, Easy Parking

jdc

All - have family in town from New York that we're meeting with for dinner on Sunday. Some family is staying in the Landmark area and others are coming from Rockville (and I'm in Silver Spring), so we were looking for something in the middle of that triangle (which off the top of my head would be Crystal City/Pentagon City area, etc.). There are picky eaters/bland appetites involved, and also a couple of extenuating circumstances - health issues on a couple of the older family members, so they wouldn't be able to do a long walk from a parking garage, etc. or from street parking in Old Town, and wanting to minimize travel times in general. There is also a bit of value proposition (not that it has to be "cheap" but they don't always see the value in farm-to-table places that may charge $20+ for a salad).

I'm a bit stumped as I moved out of the Virginia a few years ago - they have liked GAR places in the past, but I think Carlyle (Shirlington) or Coastal Flats (Tysons) may be too far in one direction or the other for various parties. Any thoughts, along those lines?