Casa Tequila, a Below-Average Virginia Tex-Mex Mini-Chain in Purcelville and Lorton

On 6/30/2014 at 5:38 PM, Kibbee Nayee said:

I have eaten at the Fireside Grill a number of times, and I've never been disappointed. It competes for my attention with the very competent Pane e Vino across the street, but Pane e Vino is closed on Mondays....so I stopped in for flat-bread takeout at Fireside Grill.

Not sure what's happening here. Across the street is Casa Tequila, a second outpost of Casa Tequila in Purcellville.

Taquila is trending in Springfield-Lorton....Viva Tequila is opening in the Concord Center on Backlick Road across from Mike's, and about 25 feet from Eleni's. There are two or three other Viva Tequila restaurants in the area, but I don't know if they're a national chain, a local chain, or separate mom-and-pops that like the name Viva Tequila.

Springfield already has plenty of mediocre Tex-Mex, from Chuy's at the Mall, to El Paso and La Hacienda in the Backlick corridor, to the deplorable Austin Grill in the Whole Foods plaza at Old Keene Mill and Rolling Rds. 

Back to the topic, I'm sorry to see Fireside Grill close. It was dependable, if unspectacular. Its cousin is Hopsfrog Grill in Burke, which is similarly unspectacular. 

5 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

Not sure what's happening here. Across the street is Casa Tequila, a second outpost of Casa Tequila in Purcellville.

Taquila is trending in Springfield-Lorton....Viva Tequila is opening in the Concord Center on Backlick Road across from Mike's, and about 25 feet from Eleni's. There are two or three other Viva Tequila restaurants in the area, but I don't know if they're a national chain, a local chain, or separate mom-and-pops that like the name Viva Tequila.

Springfield already has plenty of mediocre Tex-Mex, from Chuy's at the Mall, to El Paso and La Hacienda in the Backlick corridor, to the deplorable Austin Grill in the Whole Foods plaza at Old Keene Mill and Rolling Rds. 

Back to the topic, I'm sorry to see Fireside Grill close. It was dependable, if unspectacular. Its cousin is Hopsfrog Grill in Burke, which is similarly unspectacular. 

If Viva Tequila is related to Casa Tequila in Lorton, that is not good news.  MrB and I went there for dinner several months ago and it was beyond TERRIBLE.  I no longer remember the details, but I can warn you to just stay away.

• Like 1