Chicago's Pizza With a Twist, Ashburn, first East Coast location of California-based, Chicago-style, Indian-accented pizza chain

21 minutes ago, Bob Wells said:

Anyone try this place yet? First East Coast location of this California chain. Going on Saturday to celebrate the end of Passover. Chicago-style pizza with Indian flavors? Train-wreck potential but appears to be good.

http://ashburn-ashburnrd.chicagospizzatwist.com/zgrid/proc/site/sitemnup.jsp?mnuid_it=314102

They have stuff like this in New Jersey, too - Famous Pizza. Let us know if it's good!

Ive ordered pizza from here a number of times. Don’t expect Chicago style and you will be fine. Try the Indian options as well as the desi sauce. I prefer the thin or regular crust options. 

From my yelp comments: 

So glad to see a creative pizza restaurant in the area!

The deep dish butter chicken pizza was excellent. The crust was closer to a cracker crust than a true Chicago deep dish crust, but the overall taste was delicious.

The hot-n-spicy wings were nice-sized, perfectly cooked, and tasty.

The employees were incredibly friendly and helpful as well. 

Looking forward to making this our go-to pizza place!

• Like 2

Quick report: The pizza is really good! We got two pies. One butter chicken pie, and one barbecue chicken pie from the traditional section (never mind that bbq chicken is not traditional pizza regardless of where you are from). The crust is deep dish-ish, if that makes sense, so it's not quite as heavy as something you'd get at Lou Malnati's. Toppings were generous. The flavors of the Indian pie were on point.

We also got two appetizers: Samosas (which were, grease-free, really spicy, and to me delicious) and palak paneer (also very good).

When we left the place was absolutely packed.

• Like 1