Kibbee Nayee-Led Springfield Movable Feast

DonRocks

My hazy memory recalls that a handful of us showed up at one location -- I believe it was House of Siam, now occupied by Thai Ghang Waan in Brookfield Plaza -- and then most people just stayed in the one location.

If that's the same model for the next go-around, then I would propose we start, and probably remain at, Afghan Bistro. Of course, the problem would be that if anyone wanted to wander to another location, there might be the cannolis at Bozzelli, which also has beer and wine. Jacalito Grill offers tres leches or flan for dessert, but following an Afghan feast, that might not be the ideal ending.

Or if we met in Brookfield Plaza again, then Thai Ghang Waan would be a good place to start....but then the other options are Karahi Kabob (no alcohol), Kang Chon Korean and Chinese (so-so), Hai Duong (under-appreciated Vietnamese), and a few very average Indian restaurants. Oh yeah, and Tippy's Tacos and Wingstop.

Then there's Springfield Plaza, but the options are not all that good. Pho Hang Anh, The Halal Guys, and Golden Hong Kong just don't add up to a Rockwellian progressive meal.

And there's the plaza up Backlick Rd where Marib is located. But be warned, Lady KN won't join us because Marib offers no alcohol, and her definition of a good meal includes wine. I have no recent experiences at the other places in that plaza, like Saigon Quon, Yaksoku, and El Rancho Latin Grill, and the food court in the Fresh World is good but spare.

As always, I'm open to lots of suggestions.

Count me in;  how do I sign up?  Afghan Bistro is wonderful although I haven't been there in a long time.  My Afghan friends, from Kabul, give it an A+ for both authenticity and taste.

Would also be pleased with a progressive dinner and cooperate, although it is recognized the human tendency is to stay put once enjoying a good meal.

2 minutes ago, yesvirginia said:

Count me in;  how do I sign up?  Afghan Bistro is wonderful although I haven't been there in a long time.  My Afghan friends, from Kabul, give it an A+ for both authenticity and taste.

Would also be pleased with a progressive dinner and cooperate, although it is recognized the human tendency is to stay put once enjoying a good meal.

Afghan Bistro is what you want. I think that with a group of more than 2-3 people, you don't want a progressive dinner.