Monterey's Pizza - Carryout and Delivery at 1000 N. Fayette Street in Northeast Old Town

I could not find a topic for Monterey's Pizza in Alexandria.

They just opened a new location about a block away from their old location.  They are going to have a patio, they have some inside seating (not huge about 7 tables of various sizes).  Beer and wine license coming.  We have tried DRP, Lost Dog (our previous favorite), Lena's and Monterey's so far has been our favorite delivery/eat in pizza that we have found so far in the Alexandria/Del Ray area.  the crust has nice char, I think the toppings are really good.  The staff is really nice, delivery is fast.  We have eaten in their new location and while not amazing ambiance wasn't bad, we watched baseball and ate some pizza.  I think the sauce is better than Lena's, crust is better than Lost Dog, and I am not sure why exactly, but as a whole I find it better than DRP.  Anyway, just my two cents.

• Like 2

Well apparently this is the neighborhood favorite.  We all discussed their new location at our neighborhood get together.  We got a greek style pie with spinach, red peppers, feta and sausage this past weekend.  It was a good selection of toppings for me- a little veg, a little meat.  They now have beer and wine and I think the patio is now open.

Last night our virtual family happy our ran late, so pizza was a Miss Buzio's from Monterey's.  I think the pizza here has decent crust, and good toppings.  It can hold up to a few toppings.  They have their own delivery service, so order through their own website!

It's me again!  Surprise, surprise.  Monterey continues to be one of our normal rotation local places to get delivery from.  I will say I like their gourmet pizzas better than just a plain pepperoni.  The other night we got the General Santos.  This seems to be one of the neighborhood favorites, as I often see their delivery car in our neighborhood in the evening.  The pizza of the month with banana peppers and salami is good too.