North Italia - National chain, opening locally (Reston, Tysons, DC)

They just opened their Reston location Friday - apparently have another coming soon to Tysons and one already open in DC according to their website. On good word, the place was packed, food was pretty good.  It is situated on the main promenade diagonally across from Clydes in the old Paolo's (then Neyla) space.  Indoor and outdoor seating is also nice, the latter being close to the main fountain at RTC.  Appear to have around 25 locations throughout the US.

Part of the FOX Restaurant Group which also has a FlowerChild location in DC.

I did not know this was a chain.  While on vacation a few years back, we ate twice at the Tucson location.  I think I liked it better the first time  than the second.  Definitely willing to try it again once they open up at Tyson's.

Finally made it by to check out the location/wine/food options. Kitchen & bar are still in the same locations as they were before. Kitchen is opened up now with the renovation and they raised the ceilings and really opened the play up a lot. Clean, crisp lines, bare wood and simple painted wood. Service was ok, food was very good from appetizers <calamari, white truffle garlic bread, grilled cauliflower> Entrees followed and included pizza, squid ink pasta with calamari & white shrimp, chicken parm, bolognese all with fresh pasta. 

The Super Tuscan wine we enjoyed was reasonably priced and everyone enjoyed it.  Overall - worth a try, place was decently busy and bill wasn't bad either.

• Like 1