Disney+ (2019-) - Subscription, On-Demand Streaming Service

leleboo

On 4/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, lion said:

Tonight is Family Movie night. We still have some mozzarella I picked up last weekend which should be good, so it's home made pizza night, too.

Anybody using Disney+?  Thinking about finally signing up as we've gone thru our movie selections on Netflix and Prime. 

Sorry I just saw this. We love Disney+. And if you have Verizon, it's free. Or it was, when it came out. 

We did sign up for it and have been using it on the weekends. Last night our son wanted to watch Star Wars, A New Hope. Otherwise we've been watching Avatar, The Last Airbender with him as a daily family show after dinner. Have you ever watched Star Wars Clone Wars? Wondering if it's ok for a 6 year old. 

Other than that, we signed up for Epix, my wife loves the British dramas, so Belgravia, has become her guilty pleasure. It's funny though how much the theme music sounds like Downton Abbey!

4 hours ago, lion said:

We did sign up for it and have been using it on the weekends. Last night our son wanted to watch Star Wars, A New Hope. Otherwise we've been watching Avatar, The Last Airbender with him as a daily family show after dinner. Have you ever watched Star Wars Clone Wars? Wondering if it's ok for a 6 year old. 

Other than that, we signed up for Epix, my wife loves the British dramas, so Belgravia, has become her guilty pleasure. It's funny though how much the theme music sounds like Downton Abbey!

Clone Wars is a bit more violent than Airbender - there's actual (cartoon) deaths.  They're of clone troopers, usually, but I don't think that's really a distinction that the 6 year old mind can make. Our son watched it at age 7-8 and was totally fine, but it scared his slightly older friend so your mileage may vary.  For what it's worth he - at age 11 - basically took the day off after school ended to finish watching Season 4 on May 4th - the day the last episode was released - so it made an impression.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comparison Zgast!

He's at the age and mental comprehension where some of those things are ok but others are not. It's strange how some things he still doesn't want to watch like Toy Story for example. He's always said that it's a bit scary how 'toys' like his can talk and move. On the other hand, watching Phantom Menace, he will say, we don't need to cover his eyes for the Duel of Fates section. 

As a family we watched the first three Harry Potter films but my wife and I have only been reading, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, to him since it's easier to skip problematic passages as Rowling's writing becomes more teenager/adult as the series progresses. 

17 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

The only thing I watch is the Mandalorian.  I think even the kids are running out of shows to watch on D+.

I'd agree with this.  We're debating a rotation strategy for our streaming services so that we have access to say D+ for 3 months, then HBO Max, then whatever is next.  It fits with the way we binge.

We saved over $100 per month dropping cable (and phone).  Our bill was a bit inflated since I wouldn't do a two year contract, but the savings are real.  We went from 100 Mbps to 1Gb internet (not that we ever got that speed level as we discovered the wiring in our house couldn't go that fast and wifi sure couldn't 3-4 years ago) and still had those savings.

• Like 1