Enchiladas - Looking for a Dozen (Restaurant or Individual)

DonRocks

A friend of mine (my former personal assistant) is looking for a high-quality tray of enchiladas, preferably made by an individual, but possibly by a restaurant. 

She's looking for a dozen: six pollo verde, six cerdo rojo, and will be happy to drive and pick them up.

In particular, she's familiar with Mexican enchiladas, but would certainly be eager trying pasteles (et al) from elsewhere.

Are there any enterprising home cooks out there, or does anyone know of a restaurant that can do this?

Please reply in this thread - she'll be monitoring it.

Cheers,
Rocks

• Like 1

The enchiladas at Cielo Rojo in Takoma Park are really good, and they could potentially do this for her. However, don't think they have cerdo/pork ones on their current menu, but could potentially accommodate that with a carnitas filling instead (they have carnitas tacos on their menu). Their chicken, cheese and mushroom enchiladas are quite tasty with verde or mole sauce (I haven't tried the rojo). And they make homemade tortillas for the enchiladas, including grinding their own corn for the masa.

• Like 1

I would call Mezcalero DC. Their enchiladas are excellent. Those are not specifically on the menu, but I am sure they could do it.

Does anyone know where Luis, who used to run Taqueria Distrito Federal ended up? He used to cater, and his enchiladas were exceptional.

• Like 1