Caviar

naxos

On 12/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, naxos said:

Has anyone ordered caviar from Browne Trading Co.? Or order from Black Salt?

A treat for this NYE seems to be something to look forward to since we have not fined out nor ordered takeout  since March.

Wow. That’s a long time.

how about Astrea caviar? You can use the code CLAYFU for 25% off, courtesy of a friend from wineberserkers...

astreacaviar.com

• Thanks 1

I have a question for people here: When you see the word "caviar," what does it mean to you?

Twenty years ago, caviar meant (to me, anyway) "Sturgeon from the Caspian Sea (sometimes the Black Sea), either Sevruga, Ossetra, or Beluga," and it was inevitably from Russia (or former USSR nations) - but then I started seeing Iranian caviar on the market (Iran also borders the Caspian Sea), and that morphed into American Hackleback, etc., and now I've seen some pretty far-out things being sold as "caviar" that aren't sturgeon. Instead of doing an internet search on the modern meaning of the word, I thought I'd ask here.

To tell you the truth, if you showed me a picture of an adult sturgeon, I wouldn't be able to identify it as such, so I'm hardly an expert (but if anyone wants to offer me some Blinis Demidoff (name the film; I used to think it was "Blinis Davidoff"), I wouldn't turn you down).