Ellicott City Diner

Ellicott City Diner - not in the historic downtown, but not far out Route 40.  It's huge. I mean really huge. 

Sunday we planned to go up to Gettysburg, hit the diner early for breakfast, then do some antique/junque/junk shopping. But no. Stupid snow storm. Instead we decided to go to Ellicott City for a little shopping and come home before the storm got bad. Naturally, we also decided to see if there might be a diner there. And there was!

It was tasty. Very classic diner. Clearly Greek owned. 

We didn't try any of the crazy stuff, although I really want to try the "extreme shakes." The boy had eggs over easy, white toast, home fries, sausage. (I was surprised that he didn't get scrapple, as he often does when we are somewhere that has it. Apparently, that is only in PA? Weirdo. Then again....) I had chicken and waffles, which came with a bowl of honey and butter for topping. It was quite good. I did not have coffee. He did. Said it was fine diner coffee. (We had stopped at Buna on the way out of town, as I wanted coffee before driving. Also, I prefer Ethiopian coffee to diner coffee.)

If we lived closer, I would go regularly. As it is, this will become a good road trip stop.

Shopping was not successful. No antiques or junque acquired. Although, I did find some fun socks.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ericandblueboy said:

So he would only eat scrapple in PA?  That is weird.  I guess scrapple is not green eggs and ham. 

I don't think he consciously thinks that, but it does seem to be the only place he eats it. I pointed this out and he said, "Maybe?"