ISO - chicken stock made in-house

DaRiv18

So Harvey's Market has stopped producing chicken stock in the past two weeks (its chicken bone broth is delicious, but not the same thing), and Little Red Fox is no longer around to sell chicken stock either. 

Anyone have a place they go for house-made chicken stock?  I'm looking at Wagshal's but apparently they only use bones and their price is so low that I don't have high hopes that it will be that complex. 

17 hours ago, DaRiv18 said:

So Harvey's Market has stopped producing chicken stock in the past two weeks (its chicken bone broth is delicious, but not the same thing), and Little Red Fox is no longer around to sell chicken stock either. 

Anyone have a place they go for house-made chicken stock?  I'm looking at Wagshal's but apparently they only use bones and their price is so low that I don't have high hopes that it will be that complex. 

I know this isn't probably the answer you are looking for, but if you want a particular type of stock and are willing to drive to lots of different places, I'd recommend making your own. It is super easy - take whole chicken throw in stock pot with vegetables and seasoning - let simmer for a few hours and strain. The only special tool you need is a stock pot, but any big pot works - you may need to cut up the chicken though. Best way to get the stock you want and you can freeze it too (use ice cube tray for small amounts or larger containers).

• Thanks 1

Thanks, KeithA. Making it and storing at home isn’t feasible anymore, due to time and space constraints.  I agree it’s better to make it yourself, I even settled on my preferred recipe. Frankly I prefer the convenience of buying it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DaRiv18 said:

Thanks, KeithA. Making it and storing at home isn’t feasible anymore, due to time and space constraints.  I agree it’s better to make it yourself, I even settled on my preferred recipe. Frankly I prefer the convenience of buying it. 

Assuming you are willing to drive to Marshall, VA - The Whole Ox.

Place I think will deliver: Fields of Athenry, Middleburg VA.

Closer to DC and may make their own: Organic Butcher, McLean.

I can also confirm that low prices will not be a concern. :)