"New Accents on Sushi"

johnb

A piece in today's Post about the sushi chef shortage. Pescado crudo anyone?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7022202036.html

Those Japanese, you gotta love 'em. I especially liked the part about how women can't be sushi chefs because their hands are too warm. Talk about a knee-slapper.

It reminds one of the trade restrictions against American skis years ago. They couldn't be let into Japan because the "Japanese snow" was different.

One D.C. sushi bar popular with visiting Japanese businessmen has a special code that waitresses can write on the order ticket to ensure that dishes for Japanese customers are prepared by a Japanese chef rather than one of the restaurant's six Central American chefs.

"Our non-Japanese chefs are okay," said the manager, who asked that his restaurant not be named for fear of offending American customers, "for the United States."

Any guesses as to the identity of this place?

Those Japanese, you gotta love 'em. I especially liked the part about how women can't be sushi chefs because their hands are too warm. Talk about a knee-slapper.
They've obviously never met my wife. :o

I thought it was a good article. I'd love to see more like it in the Food section.

Because there were no new developments on the Britney or Anna Nicole stories?

LOL, must have been a slow news day. I also did not understand why the story about Clinton making $40 million since he left office such a big deal.