Cafe 8, Eighth Street on Barracks Row

btw, it appears Cafe 8 Mediterranean Eatery has indeed opened, I saw some people eating lunch there on Sunday. Menu was posted outside, lots of apps with a Middle Eastern bent as well as a selection of pizzas, all appeared to be priced reasonably. I swung by later to try them for dinner but they had closed by that hour...it was rather late.

btw, it appears Cafe 8 Mediterranean Eatery has indeed opened, I saw some people eating lunch there on Sunday. Menu was posted outside, lots of apps with a Middle Eastern bent as well as a selection of pizzas, all appeared to be priced reasonably. I swung by later to try them for dinner but they had closed by that hour...it was rather late.
A friend of mine had dinner there last night and seemed generally positive. She liked her lamb chops but was unhappy that she inadvertently ate a hot pepper that was part of the vegetables/garnish on the plate. Apparently, it's part of the garnish on every entree, from what she said. She didn't realize it was there. Since she does not eat any hot peppers at all, it was difficult to get a description of the offending item out of her, other than that it was green. I realize that most people aren't as sensitive to hot peppers as she is (even mildly hot peppers bother her), but be forewarned :(.