laniloa

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I am living here full-time now, and finally getting to explore the scene more carefully.  A wonderful find in Wilton manors is Le Patio,  A tiny restaurant on a side street.  True to its name, most of the seating, probably eight tables, is on a shady, romantic patio.  The menu is largely French inspired for appetizers, and Italian inspired for mains.  Two women turn out some very tasty food from a closet-sized kitchen.  Prices are quite reasonable for Fort Lauderdale, and portions are generous, including wine pours.  It's not a tourist spot, and it's quiet, and great for relaxing conversation.  Highly recommended if you are searching for an intimate kind of experience in the Wilton Manors  area.  Reservations essential, especially during the busy winter season.

http://lepatiowiltonmanors.com/

Alexsandra's  in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. 

Jamaican food. Soooo yummy.  I had jerk chicken just to try the place out, and a generous lunch portion was $7.95.  The chicken was spicy but not overly so, with a beautiful grilled, smoky flavor and tender flesh. The jerk seasoning was a riot of flavors.  The chicken came on top of a bland looking, but surprisingly spicy rice with beans  and some stewed cabbage.  I added their habanero sauce on the side. It's a tiny storefront in a strip center in Lauderdale by the Sea, a few blocks from the beach.  It's plain in the extreme, with a very few tables inside, and a couple outside, designed largely for takeout.  Can't wait to try the rest of their brief menu which includes brown stew chicken, curry chicken, curry goat and ox tail stew.  The large sizes of the meals are only 11 or $12.  Great for takeout if you are anywhere near Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.  What a great little gem. http://alexsandrascafe.com/

• Like 1