5 replies to this topic

#1 Rhone1998

Rhone1998

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

I have a work event tonight at Founding Farmers, 19th and Pennsylvania, at 6:00. Do rush hour parking restrictions end at 6:00 around there? If I get there before 6:00, does anyone know if there are any on-street parking options nearby, or will I need to find a garage?

thanks in advance!

--
Dan

#2 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,133 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

I have a work event tonight at Founding Farmers, 19th and Pennsylvania, at 6:00. Do rush hour parking restrictions end at 6:00 around there? If I get there before 6:00, does anyone know if there are any on-street parking options nearby, or will I need to find a garage?

thanks in advance!

Standard rush hour parking ends at 6:30, and most streets around that area will have it in effect. There may be some that don't - why don't you call Founding Farmers and ask them?

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#3 goodeats

goodeats

Certified geek.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

If you don't mind parking a few blocks back, there's parking around 22nd street or 23rd street that is either 2hr zone 2 or meter parking, but I can't remember if there is the rush hour restriction nearby. The meter parking around FF are now all "unlimited by meter" until 10:30pm, so make sure you feed the meter by the machine or parkmobile.
Taste. Feel. Be comforted.

Am not a fan of finding out that I started a new topic...

Oh ply me with barley,
Or ply me with rye,
Just don't expect to hear
A coherent goodbye.

Twitter

#4 Rhone1998

Rhone1998

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Standard rush hour parking ends at 6:30, and most streets around that area will have it in effect. There may be some that don't - why don't you call Founding Farmers and ask them?

They were not very helpful, unfortunately...

--
Dan

#5 dcs

dcs

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

When we go to events at Lisner and arrive around that time for some pre-show food and drink, we almost always find parking on F Street between 20th and 19th (it is a one way street in the direction of 20th going to 19th - aka eastbound). Unless they have changed it recently, that block is metered until 6:30pm with no rush hour parking prohibitions, and it is only a few walkable blocks from FF.

#6 Rhone1998

Rhone1998

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thanks, everyone! We parked where dcs suggested (I think it was E St though...the south side of that park there between 19th and 20th). Either way, even at 5:45 there were three or four available spots, and by the time I left around 8:30 there was plenty of parking. Great spot to know about.

--
Dan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Parking, Rush Hour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users