Catoctin Popcorn Company and The Kernel's Barbecue Roadside Stands

We crossed the river to VA through Point of Rocks/Rt 15.  Driving back, we saw a little roadside stand selling kettle corn and barbecue.  Catoctin Popcorn Company from Frederick runs the stands which also sell The Kernel's BBQ.

I bought a bag of fresh (still hot) kettle corn and it was great.  It is much puffier than prepacked kettle corn.  The combination of salty-sweet buttery goodness was perfect.  I also bought some cinnamon candied pecans but did not like the taste. They were cloyingly sweet and tasted a little off.

While I was waiting for popcorn, BF was admiring the large smoker (large horizontal one on its own trailer) and bought some ribs. We ate the ribs standing by the trunk of the car.  The ribs were very tender and the meat fell off the bone. There was enough char/smokiness without being dried out.

We would definitely stop by again the next time we are out that way.  I need some reason to go to Leesburg again soon.

We crossed the river to VA through Point of Rocks/Rt 15.  Driving back, we saw a little roadside stand selling kettle corn and barbecue.  Catoctin Popcorn Company from Frederick runs the stands which also sell The Kernel's BBQ.

I bought a bag of fresh (still hot) kettle corn and it was great.  It is much puffier than prepacked kettle corn.  The combination of salty-sweet buttery goodness was perfect.  I also bought some cinnamon candied pecans but did not like the taste. They were cloyingly sweet and tasted a little off.

While I was waiting for popcorn, BF was admiring the large smoker (large horizontal one on its own trailer) and bought some ribs. We ate the ribs standing by the trunk of the car.  The ribs were very tender and the meat fell off the bone. There was enough char/smokiness without being dried out.

We would definitely stop by again the next time we are out that way.  I need some reason to go to Leesburg again soon.

You can get kettle corn and very good barbecue at Gilbert's Corners (15 and 50) too, as well as great strawberries and birdhouses. Sometimes lobsters too.

• Like 1