56 posts in this topic

Bayern got hosed by the refs.   Dortmund had to play after their team bus got bombed.  Barca couldn't find the target.  Leicester had no business even being in the quarterfinals.  

Leo Messi apparently lost a tooth in El Clasico but he scored 2 goals to bring Barca to the top of La Liga for now.  It was a crazy game, not including Marcelo elbowing Messi and Ramos trying to take Messi out.  Barca's lack of defensive organization was a problem but Messi's inspired play made up for that deficiency.

Their two best wins in recent memory (PSG and this) were due purely to heart and not tactics. I tried streaming this match yesterday and after about 40 different streams crapped out on me I gave up around the 87th minute, resigned to a tie. Then I forgot to check the final score and got a text an hour later from a friend. I was very pleasantly surprised. What a goal for Messi to get his 500th.

On 4/24/2017 at 1:57 PM, Tweaked said:

Messi's game winner (with Ray Hudson commentary). 

I love Rocky Hudson!

He was a player on my local team growing up, the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. And of course he coached DC United for a couple of seasons.