Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Al Dente

Dining near The Modell Center (formerly The Lyric) and the Myerhoff Symphony Hall

6 posts in this topic

What's nearby? I'm going to the Steve Winwood show on Tuesday and might not arrive in Baltimore until an hour (maybe less) before the doors open at 8. So it has to be quick and it has to be on the way and/or close by. 

Brewer's Art and Tapas Teatro are both close by. I've never been to Tapas Teatro, but I've heard vaguely good things. They're next to the Charles Theatre, so maybe they're used to people in a rush? Though they apparently don't take reservations, which may not be an issue on a Tuesday. I believe Brewer's Art takes reservations. It's been a few years since I was there, but I remember generally enjoying my last dinner.

The Helmand is also not too far away (a 12- minute walk according to Google Maps). It's been many years since I ate there, but it's generally well regarded.

A little further north in the Remington neighborhood I have heard very good things about Bar Clavel, Baltimore's version of Espita Mezcaleria, with mezcal-based cocktails and Mexican street food. 

A lot of great ideas. I've been to Helmand and Brewer's Art but it's been a long long time.

Thanks all!

Wet City has nice beers. Never had the food but it looks ok.

A Dukem is right by there....and they actually serve pretty rapidly.