Small Bundt or Kugelhopf Mold

lperry

I have been cutting cake recipes in half, and i'd like a small (6 cup capacity) decorative tube pan to bake them. I've looked online, but I want to buy it in a store where I can pick it up, check the weight etc. Williams Sonoma and Surly Table don't seem to have anything this size. I was hoping that there's a gem of a bakeware store somewhere, and I just don't know about it (?)

I have been cutting cake recipes in half, and i'd like a small (6 cup capacity) decorative tube pan to bake them. I've looked online, but I want to buy it in a store where I can pick it up, check the weight etc. Williams Sonoma and Surly Table don't seem to have anything this size. I was hoping that there's a gem of a bakeware store somewhere, and I just don't know about it (?)

La Cuisine in Old Town perhaps?

If something like this will do, they have them at Hill's Kitchen, on the street that runs behind Eastern Market metro (D Street?).

Thanks, everyone. I'm in Alexandria, so I'll try La Cuisine first. I would say that I can't believe I didn't know it existed, but this sort of thing seems to happen quite a bit to me in this area, so I'll just enjoy finding out about it. From the looks of the online catalog, I will have serious self control issues in this store.

Did you leave with only what you came in to buy? :rolleyes:

Um, not exactly. I bought some parchment rounds (another hard to find item I've been seeking for a while), looked at the madeleine pans, checked out the pudding molds, and then I stopped browsing because I could feel myself losing focus. I'm easily distracted by shiny objects. Some of those pans are already on the Christmas list. :huh:

Um, not exactly. I bought some parchment rounds (another hard to find item I've been seeking for a while), looked at the madeleine pans, checked out the pudding molds, and then I stopped browsing because I could feel myself losing focus. I'm easily distracted by shiny objects. Some of those pans are already on the Christmas list. :rolleyes:

That place is dangerous. My in-laws, who never know what to give me for Christmas or birthday, often fall back to a La Cuisine gift certificate. Good people. Couldn't wish for anything better.