Need Hints On Removing Carbonization From A Pot

Gastro888

So I was a bit overzealous with the flame on my stove when I cooked my kalbi and now there's some hard to remove crud at the bottom of the nonstick pot. I've soaked it in hot soapy water and with alot of a elbow grease, only a bit has come off. Help! I wanted to pick y'all's brains and see if you have any hints on how to get the crud off the bottom of a pot. (I don't want to Brillo pad it as it'll scratch the surface.)

Thanks in advance!

So I was a bit overzealous with the flame on my stove when I cooked my kalbi and now there's some hard to remove crud at the bottom of the nonstick pot.  I've soaked it in hot soapy water and with alot of a elbow grease, only a bit has come off.  Help!  I wanted to pick y'all's brains and see if you have any hints on how to get the crud off the bottom of a pot.  (I don't want to Brillo pad it as it'll scratch the surface.)

Thanks in advance!

Dump in a bunch of baking soda and add some water. Put on the stove and heat it up. Turn off the heat and let it soak.

Dump in a bunch of baking soda and add some water.  Put on the stove and heat it up.  Turn off the heat and let it soak.

Thank you everyone for your hints! This was the hint I used and it worked very well! I had to do it twice (yeap, never have high heat when you're making kalbi) and it's back to it's original state. Grazie!

There is a special le creuest cleaner that does a good job of brining the interior back up to snuff.

I suspect that the "special cleaner", like the stuff consumers are urged to buy to clean tile grout (Tilex?) is simply some form of chlorine bleach. Clorox, or a cheaper supermarket brand of bleach, does a swell job, on stained enamel pots or tile grout, for pennies.

I suspect that the "special cleaner", like the stuff consumers are urged to buy to clean tile grout (Tilex?) is simply some form of chlorine bleach. Clorox, or a cheaper supermarket brand of bleach, does a swell job, on stained enamel pots or tile grout, for pennies.
You could be right but it seems to have some sort of mild abrasive quality to it. And it smells like wintergreen lifesavers, not chlorine bleach.

You could be right but it seems to have some sort of mild abrasive quality to it. And it smells like wintergreen lifesavers, not chlorine bleach.

Use toothpaste or some baking soda paste. Much cheaper and does the same thing. This also works great for ceramic top stoves.

Does anyone know where I can pick up some Barkeeper's Friend in the area (Alexandria)?
Also, try a hardware store. Really.
I second that. Not in Alexandria, but close... Fischer Hardware off Backlick Road in Springfield has a huge assortment of polishing and cleaning products (in addition to tons of kitchen gadgets and an impressive array of Lodge cookware, so a trip there is never a waste).

I second that. Not in Alexandria, but close... Fischer Hardware off Backlick Road in Springfield has a huge assortment of polishing and cleaning products (in addition to tons of kitchen gadgets and an impressive array of Lodge cookware, so a trip there is never a waste).

I spend way too much time in that aisle when I am there.