Pool Boy

My wife introduced me to Paul Weller in the early 90s. I knew The Jam (1976-1982) because of MTV, but never made the connection and at the time it was not my thing.  Over the past 20 years I have really grown to love what this guy does. Most of it is at least good or interesting, some of is is great, and he has some serious gems in his catalog. I prefer his 90s to early aughts period the most.

A favorite song of mine from his body of work is "As You Lean Into The Light." Sit back, feel the groove, the atmosphere and lean in to it. It's pretty great.

"As You Lean Into The Light" (Live (much extended) version - amazing):

"As You Lean Into The Light" (Studio):

But don't get we wrong, he also does a lot of louder/faster/robust songs.  And his voice is just great.

Yup. We saw him a year or two ago. He brings out his biggest hits near the end (I think somewhat reluctantly). He likes to play his current album, but he misses so much great stuff in the middle it seems.

Still, it was a really good show. Probably going again in June.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:42 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

I only liked the Style Council period.

Interesting. There is some really, really excellent material by, in particular, 90s-era Weller. But we all like what we like. Here's just one such gem.

Saturday night. Bring it.

It was not the most desired set, but it was a fine, fine set. Linky

White Sky
Into Tomorrow
She Moves with the Fayre
Hung Up (OMG!)
Above the Clouds
Porcelain Gods WHirlpool's End (OMG!)
Wild Wood
Out of the SInking
These City Streets
Whirlpool's End

Changingman

All were standouts though I was robbed of a true and proper Wild Wood and Out of the Sinking by those bits being acoustic only. Still, a fine fine set.