Dover Sole

2 hours ago, Mark Slater said:

I walked by last week and the printed menu had Dover Sole at $42.   That's way less than any place else I can think of.

I've heard that if you see inexpensive Dover Sole in the U.S., you're getting what you pay for - the real fish from England is almost prohibitively expensive (and knowing La Chaumière; it's probably a good-sized piece of fish).

16 minutes ago, Pool Boy said:

Saw this posted by my favorite chef, it involves dover sole. I can only imagine how delicious it must be.

Are they serving this at Mirabelle? If so, what are people complaining about?! This calls for some investigative journalism. B)

(Until I looked, I thought that thing on the top-left was honeycomb (!) - didn't make sense to me, but apparently it isn't. Frank lists it as: "Dover sole, potato, salmon terrine. Potato coulis, Ossetra.")

I had the Dover Sole appetizer at Marcel's a few nights ago. If you have ever had the real thing, you will know when it is false advertising,  The flavor and texture are amazing!  It was served over a gateau of zucchini prepared two different ways with a mushroom sauce and a lemon butter sauce.   Absolutely delicious!  The scallops and duck confit napoleon were pretty good too! My favorite restaurant in the DC area!

• Like 1