Northside 10, Southern-American Classics in Del Ray, Run by the Owners of Southside 815

Northside 10 opened up this weekend, it took over the Chez Andree space on Glebe Rd. Brought to you by the Southside 815 folks. 

Drove by and saw that it looked open, and wanted to watch football. So, instead of packing into Pork Barrel, stopped by here. It was pretty crowded. Decent draft list, including Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. They had a bunch of TVs playing the playoff games (go Packers!) and a lot of the crew were familiar faces from other Del Ray restaurants, as were many of the guests. Lady got the burger, asked for medium, probably more medium well, but she loved it. I got some pretty darn good wings. 

Found out we had accidentally stumbled into Friends and Family soft opening, so they didn't charge us for the food. Oops! Paid for it anyway with a big tip. 

Although kind of a weird location, I think it's going to do well. Very residential area, lots of family's can easily walk to it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Simul Parikh said:

Found out we had accidentally stumbled into Friends and Family soft opening, so they didn't charge us for the food. Oops! Paid for it anyway with a big tip. 

I was also there Saturday night with friends who are regulars at Southside. I had eaten already so just drank from the draft list. They poured a really nice Guinness, and I also sampled the Hardywood Pils. It's about half local drafts out of I think 10 taps, plus Miller Lite, Two Hearted, and the above mentioned Deschutes.

Friends are going back for lunch today on the first real opening day. Looking forward to trying the menu. It's a cozy spot and should be good for the neighborhood.

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

[If anyone discovers a Facebook page or a website, will you please let me know? Thanks!]

https://www.facebook.com/northside10delray/

http://northside10.com/

I've been a Southside regular since they opened (we won't get into how long ago that was). That won't change, but I'm looking forward to checking out their new venture on the other end of town - congrats to Greg, Kevin, and the rest of the crew!

A few more details were in last week's story in the Del Ray Patch.

• Like 2

Took Mom to Northside 10 after some wreath decorating.  She had the Parmesan flounder, and I had the chopped salad.  Everything was good, my salad was crispy and fresh.  Mom REALLY liked her flounder, big portion, but good.  It's close to the house, so I am sure we will go try out other things.

• Like 3

Had dinner at Northside 10 last night.  Happy Hour runs from 4-7pm I believe.  Last night was .80 wings and half priced burgers, I believe.  And they also took a little off glasses of wine and etc.  I had a glass of wine, and the steak salad.  The steak came out medium rare, which is delightful for steak salad, I never get steak cooked right on that, it had dressing on the side, blue cheese and onion straws.  I could have gone with a few more veggies in the salad, they probably would have put some in on request, but I think I like more veggies than the average person eating out.  With the mist/rain parking was much appreciated.  Service at the bar was attentive, but I was also there to meet up with someone, and wasn't obtrusive.  Solid, I will be back.  I still haven't gone with Hubby.

• Thanks 2