Finest Call Mixers

Joe Riley

The idea of a Manhattan Mix just makes me want to cry.

Don't worry about the vermouth…don't bother with the bitters… Finest Call ® Premium Manhattan Mix will make the perfect drink. This exceptionally smooth version of the classic Manhattan cocktail has established a name for itself over the years.

What a terrible waste of alcohol this must be. :mellow:

I don't get it... maybe I'm just being obtuse. Simple sugar is literally about the easiest thing to make out there... Dissolve sugar in heated water, tada!
I don't think that you understand, this is special simple syrup... Only pedestrian dupes like yourself would just dissolve two cups of sugar into one cup of water, this stuff uses a special sugar that only comes from a small farm on the eastern tip of Madagascar and uses only the finest water from a secret spring fed oasis in the middle of the Gobi Desert and if you had any sense of taste you would surely be able to tell the difference even once it has been dissolved in water and mixed into a cocktail. Now quit being Obtuse!

I don't get it... maybe I'm just being obtuse. Simple sugar is literally about the easiest thing to make out there... Dissolve sugar in heated water, tada!

Not so easy when you live in a college dorm and can't be bothered. This is the preferred brand of KG's brother who is in undergrad. We are his liquor supplier and usually match the alcohol to the mixer. Someday we'll refine his taste but at this point it isn't worth it.

Not so easy when you live in a college dorm and can't be bothered. This is the preferred brand of KG's brother who is in undergrad. We are his liquor supplier and usually match the alcohol to the mixer. Someday we'll refine his taste but at this point it isn't worth it.
Really? I mean you don't even have to heat it. Sugar in jug with water and shake for about a minute or so.

Really? I mean you don't even have to heat it. Sugar in jug with water and shake for about a minute or so.
There is no way that you are so old that you forget what it is like in a freshman dorm or in a frat house. The idea is to get drunk while not tasting the crap you are drinking.

Frankly, I'd rather buy KG's brother all the mixer he wants if it keeps him from playing with heat and sugar while drinking.

Seriously. What the f**k is wrong with people?
Thank you

Simple sugar is used quite a bit by caterers, who you would think would just make it themselves, but it's handy to have bottles of it when you have hundreds of people and several bar setups and you just need to make cocktails quickly.

Granted, in a restaurant or home setting with easy access to a stove, you could make it/have it made yourself, but it's a wonderful convenience.

It dissolves much better in cold water than sugar does, thus its appeal.

A different kind of simple syrup might be something like Depaz Cane Syrup, from the Depaz Rhum Agricole folks in Martinique. Perfect for making Mojitos. It, too, is just cane sugar and water, but it looks like molasses.

Depaz Cane Syrup (and the forthcoming Petite Canne cane syrup from LeDroit) are both thicker than simple syrup, and sweeter, so use more sparingly than 1:1 simple syrup.
That sounds really nice to use when making a ramos gin fizz as the shaking imparts so much water into the mix.