Rehearsal Dinner for 20 People

kdruschel

reliable food but not super upscale,
Do you have a price range in mind? I suspect pretty much everywhere will want you to commit to a three course prix fixe menu and charge you a bit of a premium. That said there are lots of nice restaurants around there. Poste, PS7s and Oya all have private rooms. For a lesser cost, Oyamel might work. Corduroy is a little farther away, but also has private space upstairs for a party of that size.

And welcome and congratulations!

We had our rehearsal dinner at Bistro D'oc. Benoit, the manager, did a great job organizing it and we held it in the upstairs front room. We had about 35 people, so 20 total is doable.

I went to a rehearsal dinner in the back room at Central that was outstanding.

Zaytinya has a private or semi-private room. Actually, I may be wrong about this, but I believe there is one "special events" person for all of the Jose Andres restaurants, so maybe you could find out about Oyamel at the same time. (When I looked into rehearsal dinner spaces, I got her number off the Zaytinya website.)

Finally, it would be out of the way for you, but for what its worth, I ended up having my rehearsal dinner (also for 20 people) at Dino, and it was fabulous.

Poste also has a private room that may suit your needs. I have done a birthday dinner there for about 20 that was great - ditto Central.

Great thoughts, everyone! We're actually having the wedding at Hotel Monaco, so Poste will be catering. I'll pass along to my future mom-in-law so she can gauge price ranges.