Blue Pearl Buffet, A Local Chinese Buffet Chain with Five Area Locations

My friend & I have been meeting at this place for lunch several times a month for a few years now. It changed hands about a month ago, I was surprised because it always seemed busy when we were there, it reopened after a short time w/ a new name, the only other change seemed to be that you now pay for your buffet meal before you eat.

We met there on Friday & the parking lot was full & the place was packed! We actually had to wait a short time for a table & this is a fairly large place. For a Chinese buffet lunch, it's a safe bet-still a large variety of seafood-fish, crabs, squid, & my favorite, fried whole shrimp. It's also got a few 'western' dishes (fries, pizza, chicken nuggets) for kids & picky eaters (we always dine w/ her 5 yr. old, but she eats the good stuff). There are 4 buffet tables -lots of salads, including kimchee, & fruit, & a good selection of dumplings (also chicken feet, but I haven't been brave enough to try them). For an inexpensive lunch, w/ good variety & service, it's worth a try, if you're in the area...

My friend & I have been meeting at this place for lunch several times a month for a few years now. It changed hands about a month ago, I was surprised because it always seemed busy when we were there, it reopened after a short time w/ a new name, the only other change seemed to be that you now pay for your buffet meal before you eat.

We met there on Friday & the parking lot was full & the place was packed! We actually had to wait a short time for a table & this is a fairly large place. For a Chinese buffet lunch, it's a safe bet-still a large variety of seafood-fish, crabs, squid, & my favorite, fried whole shrimp. It's also got a few 'western' dishes (fries, pizza, chicken nuggets) for kids & picky eaters (we always dine w/ her 5 yr. old, but she eats the good stuff). There are 4 buffet tables -lots of salads, including kimchee, & fruit, & a good selection of dumplings (also chicken feet, but I haven't been brave enough to try them). For an inexpensive lunch, w/ good variety & service, it's worth a try, if you're in the area...

Was this Dragon Sea before it changed? If so and May is still there, she's the best server in the place. She knows the food, she knows just when to replenish your water glass and the exact right moment to gently remind you others are waiting.

Was this Dragon Sea before it changed? If so and May is still there, she's the best server in the place. She knows the food, she knows just when to replenish your water glass and the exact right moment to gently remind you others are waiting.

[Yes, sorry - thistle posted that in the original title and I changed it.]

[Yes, sorry - thistle posted that in the original title and I changed it.]
Not a big deal. I thought it might be. I just hope the food is better than what it was the last time I was there. I was told (discreetly I might add), that I might want to go elsewhere because the place was being sold and the food reflected that fact. I might have to give it another chance now that there are new owners. The food quality should be good for a while.