Christmas Eve Solo Dinner

brettashley01

Hey all,

I will be alone here in DC on Christmas eve and day. I was here last year, but had friends visiting, so we stayed in, cooked, and had a great time. However, this year I'll be alone on the 24th, and why not treat myself to a lovely restaurant prepared meal? I realize the cliche for us Jews is to get Chinese, but, alas, I'm allergic to soy, so that's not what I'm looking for. Besides, I love to dine alone at a nice restaurant - treating myself.. it's the Holiday gift I give to Brett.

So, does anyone know of restaurants that are open on Xmas eve? I would prefer those that serve their regular menus, not special Christmas ones. Like.. is Central open that night? Dino? Thanks so much for all your help!

Hey all,

I will be alone here in DC on Christmas eve and day. I was here last year, but had friends visiting, so we stayed in, cooked, and had a great time. However, this year I'll be alone on the 24th, and why not treat myself to a lovely restaurant prepared meal? I realize the cliche for us Jews is to get Chinese, but, alas, I'm allergic to soy, so that's not what I'm looking for. Besides, I love to dine alone at a nice restaurant - treating myself.. it's the Holiday gift I give to Brett.

So, does anyone know of restaurants that are open on Xmas eve? I would prefer those that serve their regular menus, not special Christmas ones. Like.. is Central open that night? Dino? Thanks so much for all your help!

I just did a quick check of Opentable and it looks like you have lots of options--Central, Cityzen, Dino (though I think they do a special menu...), Blue Duck Tavern. And others.

Having dined on Christmas eve--go early, most places want to close early-ish to give their staff a chance to go home...

I'd probably go for Cityzen if I was looking for a treat.

Enjoy--I'm jealous!