I have stumbled upon a TAco Truck. It's there most days on Rt. 1 just south of Jessup across from a housing construction site in the parking lot of a nasty old Rt 1 liquor store. It's called Tacqueria Poblanito. It rocks. I have only had three of their tacos (al pastor, asada, and leguna (sp? the tongue stuff) and their pupusas.

Man their stuff is very, very good, especially for 'east coast' stuff (I mean, we'll never get it as good as SoCal I am told).

Where have you seen a taco truck and more importantly when is it operating? I'm looking for one ideally open evenings. If it were in Silver Spring, or Bethesda or Rockville or Beltsville or Greenbelt or on me commute route from Laurel to Bethesda and back, that'd be ideal.

TIA

I have stumbled upon a TAco Truck. It's there most days on Rt. 1 just south of Jessup across from a housing construction site in the parking lot of a nasty old Rt 1 liquor store. It's called Tacqueria Poblanito. It rocks. I have only had three of their tacos (al pastor, asada, and leguna (sp? the tongue stuff) and their pupusas.

Man their stuff is very, very good, especially for 'east coast' stuff (I mean, we'll never get it as good as SoCal I am told).

Where have you seen a taco truck and more importantly when is it operating? I'm looking for one ideally open evenings. If it were in Silver Spring, or Bethesda or Rockville or Beltsville or Greenbelt or on me commute route from Laurel to Bethesda and back, that'd be ideal.

TIA

There's another one quite near, up on Rt. 175 near the intersection of Dorsey Run Rd. in the parking lot of a nasty old liquor store. I've always been happy with what I've eaten from there. The only downer is that there's no place to sit.

I found another one about a mile south on the southbound side of Route 1. They use a big grill and what looks like a smoker to do their food. I'll have to try it out next time. I think it is called Taceria e Pupuseria Delicioso.

I went to Tacqueria Poblanito againtoday and this time had a Sope Al Pastor. Holy crap. I have hit the motherlode. My wife had a Torte, an asada to be exact. It was good, arguably great, but the Sope stole the freaking show. &$&*$%ing awesome food.

Not sure where if anywhere this belongs. I hit the truck in the parking lot if Island Liquors just north of Laurel. Lengua tacos were great. More flavor than veracruzana, but a little chewier. This was on the way back from my adventure--I drove all the way to Elkridge looking for other trucks and saw none.

This is the Tacqueria La Poblanita, up close to Jessup....right? I LOVE that truck. Their stuff is quite, quite good. My problem is that they only seem to be there during the day and never at night.

Now that I think about it, I think we are talking about two different places....Island Liquors, huh? Is that right before where northbound and southbound Rt 1 merge back together with no business median?

This is the Tacqueria La Poblanita, up close to Jessup....right? I LOVE that truck. Their stuff is quite, quite good. My problem is that they only seem to be there during the day and never at night.

Now that I think about it, I think we are talking about two different places....Island Liquors, huh? Is that right before where northbound and southbound Rt 1 merge back together with no business median?

Yeah, Island is in, well, the island. I went all the way to elkridge looking for other trucks because I remembered you mentioning one.

I will have to look for the Island one. There is one in an independent tire place on the southbound side north of the island, too.

My general luckiness with taco trucks is weekend days, but on the rare chance I am in the area midweek during the day, I have seen them too. I think there is a small crane-big machine leasing place that I have seen a 'truck' in the form of a pickup with a half oil drum BBQ that they use to make tacos and stuff, too.

Per DR's request.....here's a breakdown of which post goes to which place.

The 1st sentence of post 5 refer to a taco truck - Tacqueria La Poblanita -- this is a truck that parks at a dive of a liquor store on Route 1 between Laurel and Jessup on the northbound side. I think it is called US 1 Liquors. It is there during the day (I have seen it there on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. They have wonderful food there and very friendly staff. I think this is near Crazy Ray's Auto Parts.

Post 4, the 2nd sentence of post 5 amd posts 6 and 7 I believe refer to a different taco truck, this one closer to Laurel, but also on Route 1. If you head northbound on Route 1 from Laurel, you will know there is a very wide median with businesses located in this strip of land. Right before this median ends, and the north and southbond lanes connect together, at this northernmost tip, there is another liquor store, called Island liquors. This is where the other unnamed taco truck is located.

Further, there are at least two more trucks on Route 1 between Laurel and Jessup--

1) One is in a local tire shop (car repair yard) located on the southbound side of the road closer to Laurel. It sits in the parking lot of this place permanently. It seems to be hit or miss when it is open. I have not been able to try this place yet. It is just south of Whisky Bottom Road.

2) There is another one, also on the southbound side, that sits in one of a couple of places, closer, generally, to Jessup. Just south of Patuxent Range Road (but still north of rt 32) I think there is a warehouse park sort of thing where they sell and lease construction equipment (you will see bulldozers and stuff). I have seen this 'truck' here most often -- they use a pickup truck with an oil drum 'grill' to do their cooking on. I have not been able to try them yet, but their stuff smells wonderful.

Several weeks ago I saw a taco truck driving along route 50 in Chantilly on a Saturday. A few days later, my wife saw one parked at a residential construction site at route 50 and Rugby Rd (Chantilly/Fairfax area, just west of the Fairfax County Parkway). Haven't seen it again, though. Anyone familiar with this Western FFX County taco truck?

The taco truck just south of Jessup is now slightly different and in a different truck. No it is Taqueria Poblanito (no La and an o instead of an a). Really good al pastor tacos, but their prices have gone up, but I complain not at all. Had them today. Yum.