Great Food not too pricey near Tyson's Corner

Gubeen

Hi -

I am looking for a restaurant with great food, decent ambience within 10-20 minutes of the Westin (7801 Leesburg Pike) in Tyson's Corner. Ol_Ironstomach is off to the races and I am left to entertain a friend from NYC. Dinner won't be until after 8pm, so the restaurant must be open until atleast 10pm. My friend is a fairly adventurous eater.

Thanks.

Gubeen / Catherine

I am looking for a restaurant with great food, decent ambience within 10-20 minutes of the Westin (7801 Leesburg Pike) in Tyson's Corner.

20 minutes can get you half way across town after 8 p.m. You could be in Bethesda or downtown DC. As for what's great but not expensive in Tysons, McLean, & Vienna, your best bet may be to take advantage of one of the steakhouse deals at Ruth's Chris, Morton's, or The Palm. For small plates and good wine, consider Evo Bistro in McLean (Moroccan & tapas). For some edible food in McLean, try Capri (italian), Ocean M (american), Le Mistral (french), Tachibana (japanese), Kazan (turkish) and Greek Taverna (Greek). In Tysons, I'd say Neisha Thai is the best Thai in the area. Woo Lae Oak at Tysons serves half ass Korean. In Vienna, Cafe Renaissance is a possibility for french/italian.

INOX is in Vienna, really good but not cheap.
Technically, it's in Mclean - 123 is the dividing line. However, it couldn't be more in the middle of Tysons if it tried, since it's physically between the two malls. It's absolutely lovely and the food and drinks are great, but inexpensive it isn't.

That being said, it's about the only place in the immediate Tysons area I'd say has anything approaching ambience. I think Busara's better than Neisha for Thai, but that's undoubtedly a personal preference thing - I don't like Neisha's pad thai. Busara does have the benefit of a good beer list as well. Lebanese Taverna in Tysons II is meh for ambience, but they do have the fantastic pita bread, which makes up for a lot.. Tachibana in Mclean has pretty good sushi and is a good place for conversation even when it's busy.

Ray's, especially at that time of the evening and with the option of reservations, should definitely be on the list - it's only 20 minutes from the Westin at that time of day in a real worst-case traffic scenario.

Hi -

I am looking for a restaurant with great food, decent ambience within 10-20 minutes of the Westin (7801 Leesburg Pike) in Tyson's Corner. Ol_Ironstomach is off to the races and I am left to entertain a friend from NYC. Dinner won't be until after 8pm, so the restaurant must be open until atleast 10pm. My friend is a fairly adventurous eater.

Thanks.

Gubeen / Catherine

For very good and relatively inexpensive Turkish food try Kazan in Mclean. Ambience wise: Its in a little strip mall but the place is cute inside. Call for directions and to confirm how late they are open(703) 734-1960.