Dinner meeting 20-30 people in central DC

mame11

I come to the esteemed DR.com community with the following need:

a place where 20-30 people can have a sit down dinner where entrees range from $15-$30 and be seated in a private or semi-private area without having to pay a guarantee or a minimum. Something chainish is fine. Ethnic is probably not what I am looking for for these meetings. Oh, thinking somewhere from Gallery Place to Dupont Circle to Foggy Bottom....

thanks!

a place where 20-30 people can have a sit down dinner where entrees range from $15-$30 and be seated in a private or semi-private area without having to pay a guarantee or a minimum. Something chainish is fine. Ethnic is probably not what I am looking for for these meetings. Oh, thinking somewhere from Gallery Place to Dupont Circle to Foggy Bottom....

thanks!

The Clyde's restaurants are pretty good with groups like this.

thanks!

We have used the Jean-Louis room in Central several times and have been pleased.

thanks!

My dinner group that I help organize specifically does this. Between 15 - 30 folks and a la carte menu on Friday nights no less. We don't agree to any minimums or guarantees other than a fixed 20% large group gratuity policy mandated by the restaurant. Been doing it since Feb. '05 with nearly 400 events under our belt [and most of the restaurants too].

Honestly, if you don't need to plan for a Friday or Saturday night, you can get most restaurants to agree with at least 2 - 3 weeks advanced notice. And if the event is on a Friday/Saturday it's possible but requires flexibility and firm negotiation on your part.

Some ideas in the areas you mentioned: PS 7s, Ceiba, Zaytinya, Siroc, Mio, etc. [to be honest, there are a ton of restaurant with a average entree price less than $30].

If you'd like to talk offline about how to approach this & maybe negotiation tips, PM me. Happy to help.