Waterfront Dining

I have a friend from Colorado coming into town for a conference (at the L'Enfant Plz. Hotel) and he would love to have dinner someplace in the city with a water view (even Alexandria would work).

Any suggestions?

thanks,

If it doesn't have to be specifically a view of the Potomac, I love the terrace at Sea Catch in Georgetown, which has a pleasant view of the canal.

Cafe Mozu at the Mandarin Oriental? Not sure if there is a view from all of the tables, but I believe that you can see the Tidal Basin, and maybe even the Channel, from some of the tables.

They may even have outdoor dining.

I have a friend from Colorado coming into town for a conference (at the L'Enfant Plz. Hotel) and he would love to have dinner someplace in the city with a water view (even Alexandria would work).

Any suggestions?

thanks,

If you want to be very casual you can walk from L'Enfant Plaza along the water to Cantina Marina for a burger and a beer. Excellent views, passable bar food.

I've never had a meal in Washington with a water view that wasn't horrible. On the other hand, last night I sat on the old wall where the C&O Canal meets the Potomac (by Thompson's boat house/the Watergate) quaffing a bottle of cheap Aussie white and watching the fading sunlight play on the water. It was quite spectacular and, had I wished, I could have walked into Georgetown in five minutes, with the car parked conveniently in the boathouse lot.

It's not for everyone, but it beats the heck out of wine and river-view combination I know.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Come to Jenny's on the SW Waterfront next to the Fish Wharf. We are walking distance from the hotel and though we may not have a lot of customers who post on these blogs, we serve high quality, consistent seafood and Asian wok specialties at reasonable prices and come highly recommended from the concierges at nearby hotels. Our covered patio area has a great view of the water and the Capital Yacht Club below. We have been in business for over 30 years and are a small family restaurant that truly caters to the needs of our customers and a favorite of the neighborhood. Though there are a couple days a year, (Cherry Blossom season, Fourth of July) where the sheer volume of customers prevents us from providing the same amount of service that we usually do (and also happens to be the only time bloggers from this site seem to come see us!) I promise you will have a great experience at Jenny's!

Ask for Jenny or myself, Joanne, her daughter and we will be sure to take care of you.

www.jennysdc.com or information@jennysdc.com for any questions/comments.

Jennys Asian Fusion

1000 Water St SW

Washington DC 20024

202 554 2202

www.jennysdc.com

Come to Jenny's on the SW Waterfront next to the Fish Wharf. We are walking distance from the hotel and though we may not have a lot of customers who post on these blogs, we serve high quality, consistent seafood and Asian wok specialties at reasonable prices and come highly recommended from the concierges at nearby hotels. Our covered patio area has a great view of the water and the Capital Yacht Club below. We have been in business for over 30 years and are a small family restaurant that truly caters to the needs of our customers and a favorite of the neighborhood. Though there are a couple days a year, (Cherry Blossom season, Fourth of July) where the sheer volume of customers prevents us from providing the same amount of service that we usually do (and also happens to be the only time bloggers from this site seem to come see us!) I promise you will have a great experience at Jenny's!

Ask for Jenny or myself, Joanne, her daughter and we will be sure to take care of you.

www.jennysdc.com or information@jennysdc.com for any questions/comments.

Jennys Asian Fusion

1000 Water St SW

Washington DC 20024

202 554 2202

www.jennysdc.com

Thanks for the information, Joanne. It may surprise you to hear this, but I used to get your mom's hot-and-sour soup and chicken with black-bean sauce fairly often in the old Waterside Mall location.

Cheers,

Rocks.