Best places around Capitol Hill?

feverlax

I'm looking for a good place to go for dinner with three other people in the Capitol Hill area. I'd prefer something not so upscale, and along with that something inexpensive(less than 20 dollars a plate).

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm looking for a good place to go for dinner with three other people in the Capitol Hill area. I'd prefer something not so upscale, and along with that something inexpensive(less than 20 dollars a plate).

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks!

By $20 a plate do you mean $20 per entree or $20 per person?

20 bucks an entree would be fine I think. Really I just don't want to end up spending like 200 dollars for the four of us. I want a restaurant that's more of a place that you would go after a game or something as opposed to a restaurant you go to celebrate some big event.

DonRocks already recommended Matchbox and Belga Cafe, both of which look to be quite good. I think I'm going to start by taking them out to Matchbox for dinner, and then we might try Belga for brunch one day.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

I second the Cava recommendation--it's an all-mezze menu, and keeping it under $20 apiece should be easy, if you don't mind sharing food. Keep in mind also that Matchbox does not take reservations, and they have been really slammed most evenings, so if you do choose that, prepare for a long wait.