Vegetarian Tasting Menu

AlexC

Rockweillers,

A good friend is leaving town and we want to take her to an excellent meal. She's vegetarian. We're pretty flexible on price, but would love to keep it in DC. I was thinking we should all go veggie, but that's not an absolute imperative.

What I'd really love is to find a chef that would like to put a vegetarian tasting menu together for six or eight people. Any advice? I'd love to make this fun and memorable for my friend, but we're all flexible and we don't need a super high-end, service-intensive experience (but that would work, too).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Alex

Rockweillers,

A good friend is leaving town and we want to take her to an excellent meal. She's vegetarian. We're pretty flexible on price, but would love to keep it in DC. I was thinking we should all go veggie, but that's not an absolute imperative.

What I'd really love is to find a chef that would like to put a vegetarian tasting menu together for six or eight people. Any advice? I'd love to make this fun and memorable for my friend, but we're all flexible and we don't need a super high-end, service-intensive experience (but that would work, too).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Alex

Vidalia, Cityzen, Eve all have vegetable tasting menus

12 year vegetarian here. I have been to all those restaurants and they were all great but I LOVED Cityzen when I had the tasting menu at the bar. If you're not set on a tasting menu Proof has great vegetarian dishes there, their gnocchi is my favorite dish in all of DC.

Restaurant Eve did a tomato-themed tasting menu as a surprise for my husband's birthday, by request. I could be wrong but it seemed that Chef Armstrong was positively delighted by the opportunity. Or maybe he's a really good actor. I'd guess that any of DC's top chefs would likewise have fun with a special request. Just call around to your favorite places and ask what they can do, give as much information (eg allergies, preferences) and lead time as you can, and don't ask for strawberries in February.

12 year vegetarian here. I have been to all those restaurants and they were all great but I LOVED Cityzen when I had the tasting menu at the bar. If you're not set on a tasting menu Proof has great vegetarian dishes there, their gnocchi is my favorite dish in all of DC.

I will second the recommendation for Cityzen. While I have not had it personally I have been with folks that have had it along with hearing raves from others.

There is also Komi, if you can get a reservation. They did a hell of a veggie menu when we had a non-meat eating guest join us.