Dining in McLean

While I was picking up my de-lish case of 2008 Guillon Bourgogne Rouge (Cecile's Wine Cellar, $21.98 by the case - buy this wine!), I saw two new restaurants under construction in downtown McLean, right next to each other, in the same shopping center as Marvelous Market.

In the old Blockbuster space (did anyone, twenty years ago, imagine Blockbuster would ever shut down?), there will be McLean Tavern. I noticed this under construction a long time ago, and it really doesn't look like they've done much.

But I was surprised to see the demise of the decrepit Three Pigs Barbecue which had been there seemingly forever - in its place will be opening McLean 1910. According to a thread I found on Chowhound, this will be owned by the same folks as McLean Family Restaurant, a little place not far from Cecile's. (Trivia: McLean Family Restaurant is owned by relatives of Pete Sampras. Trivia: Pete Sampras was born, to the day, Ten Years After.)

Cheers,

Rocks.

While I was picking up my de-lish case of 2008 Guillon Bourgogne Rouge (Cecile's Wine Cellar, $21.98 by the case - buy this wine!), I saw two new restaurants under construction in downtown McLean, right next to each other, in the same shopping center as Marvelous Market.

In the old Blockbuster space (did anyone, twenty years ago, imagine Blockbuster would ever shut down?), there will be McLean Tavern. I noticed this under construction a long time ago, and it really doesn't look like they've done much.

But I was surprised to see the demise of the decrepit Three Pigs Barbecue which had been there seemingly forever - in its place will be opening McLean 1910. According to a thread I found on Chowhound, this will be owned by the same folks as McLean Family Restaurant, a little place not far from Cecile's. (Trivia: McLean Family Restaurant is owned by relatives of Pete Sampras. Trivia: Pete Sampras was born, to the day, Ten Years After.)

Cheers,

Rocks.

Pete Sampras? I didn't know that. I've been driving by the site of the McLean Tavern just about everyday for at least six or seven months and have yet to see any construction activity. Blockbuster is still in business next to Hallmark Cards in another strip mall in beautiful downtown McLean. The "McLean Tavern" is filling a spot vacated by an independent video store whose name escapes me.

Kirite

But I was surprised to see the demise of the decrepit Three Pigs Barbecue which had been there seemingly forever - in its place will be opening McLean 1910. According to a thread I found on Chowhound, this will be owned by the same folks as McLean Family Restaurant, a little place not far from Cecile's.

Guess who didn't read the barbeque thread? Didn't need to ref. outside sources....

This is the old site for Mclean Video that became Holloywood Video that is now collecting dust waiting to become a Tarvern that shows videos.

Pete Sampras? I didn't know that. I've been driving by the site of the McLean Tavern just about everyday for at least six or seven months and have yet to see any construction activity. Blockbuster is still in business next to Hallmark Cards in another strip mall in beautiful downtown McLean. The "McLean Tavern" is filling a spot vacated by an independent video store whose name escapes me.

Kirite