Traditional Steakhouse Lunch Near Westin Alexandria Courthouse

KateNelson

I need to find a great mid-prices traditional-style American food or steakhouse restaurant for a business lunch for 13 guests in early December. It needs to be convenient to the Westin Alexandria Courhouse, so Old Town or National Harbor areas would work well. They wanted McCormick & Schmick's, but it was unavailable. Any suggestions for good restaurants that are of the same style?

Thanks!

Kate

Crystal City has a Morton's and Ruths Chris, and National Harbor has Bond 45 (billed as an Italian steakhouse), and Old Hickory. I have never been to National Harbor so I have no comments on the two steakhouses, and the two chain establishments are safe if unimaginative.

Majestic is probably going to be too small for your group. I would second Columbia Firehouse for traditional American that will give you some Old Town Alexandria atmosphere. Bond 45 at National Harbor and Ruth's Chris in Crystal City are the closest two steakhouses to Old Town.

I'd suggest Brabo a bit farther down King St. towards the metro station. Alexandria has the free lunch shuttle which you could grab and it would drop you off in front of Brabo and you can catch it back to the courthouse when you're finished lunch. I've never been there for lunch but they have excellent beef at dinner. You could also go to Vermillion (same shuttle service) or if you want to drive a bit, Evening Star Cafe in Del Ray. I'm sure Chef Will would be happy to help you out.