Supper Club Entree Ieas

StorageLady

I'm hosting our Supper Club next month - which means I pick the theme and the entree. There are 11 people, and as far as I know no known food allergies. I'm looking for some suggestions on something to serve that won't keep me from my company for too long, that will be delicious (of course), and a little upscale. No lamb or salmon or goat cheese. I am trying to stay away from chilis and stews because they are so filling and the other folks are bringing along dishes.

Any ideas?

I'm hosting our Supper Club next month - which means I pick the theme and the entree. There are 11 people, and as far as I know no known food allergies. I'm looking for some suggestions on something to serve that won't keep me from my company for too long, that will be delicious (of course), and a little upscale. No lamb or salmon or goat cheese. I am trying to stay away from chilis and stews because they are so filling and the other folks are bringing along dishes.

Any ideas?

I don't know how to cook it but what about a pork loin or beef tenderloin? In my family cranberry chicken is a popular dish, as is apricot chicken. Easy to prepare and can cook without any fuss.

Apparently January is:

* Hot Tea Month

* National Oatmeal Month

* National Soup Month

and on January 23, it is National Pie Day.

I think any of them could be your supper club theme - such as smoked tea duck or tea cakes or soups made in advance and then reheated for supper club.

If you recall, leleboo hosted a very successful soup dinner last year and it was grand!

For pies, people can make mini pies for apps, quiches/tarts for entrees (also easily made ahead and reheated) and pies for dessert.

Good luck! Yum.