Bringing Your Own Matzah When Dining Out During Passover

hillvalley

Friday night I am going out to dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant. Since it's Passover I'm limited to what I can eat and pita bread is at the top of the list. Hummus, babaganoush, etc. though are perfect. We're going to be a big group celebrating a birthday and I'm the only Jew so I don't want to make things difficult for the hostess. Obviously I'm not going to walk in with a big ole' box of edible cardboard, but is it wrong to walk in with some discreetly tucked away in my bag?

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a stash of Matzah with you. I've noticed certain restaurants in the ATL have a stock of Matzah for their Jewish patrons. However, most probably don't.

I doubt any restaurant will care if you pull out the Matzah.

Being gluten intolerant, I can't eat pita bread ever. I do carry an airtight container of GF crackers and bread with me when I eat out (which is often), and it's never been a problem. One memorable experience I had at Zaytinya in Penn Quarter was that they provided sliced cucumber for me to use with the hummus and baba ganoush, which was wonderful!

Being gluten intolerant, I can't eat pita bread ever. I do carry an airtight container of GF crackers and bread with me when I eat out (which is often), and it's never been a problem. One memorable experience I had at Zaytinya in Penn Quarter was that they provided sliced cucumber for me to use with the hummus and baba ganoush, which was wonderful!

Ooh, I will have to go to Zaytinya next year on Passover and get that with the cucumber! (and ask for their GF menu to see what else is likely to be KforP.) Thanks!