Wendy's Natural Cut Fries

DonRocks

The author seems to be a 5 Guys homer, and he write the following as a positive:

I think you need to distinguish twice fried fries where it is done on the same day in one kitchen vs twice fried fries where the first frying is done at a factory before freezing. The latter typically increases fat content and does not produce the base fry that will turn golden int he last flash frying. It just makes the fries greasier and more caloric. Many fast food fries have way more calories and fat than properly cook ones.

That having been said, my experience with 5 Guys fries have been despicable the two times I have had the misfortune of trying them. So has my one order of Wendy's manufactured semi-like-a-potato-industrial product probably made bu a Nutra-Matic French Fry machine from Sirius Cybernetic Corporation.

That having been said, my experience with 5 Guys fries have been despicable the two times I have had the misfortune of trying them. So has my one order of Wendy's manufactured semi-like-a-potato-industrial product probably made bu a Nutra-Matic French Fry machine from Sirius Cybernetic Corporation.

"Share and enjoy!"

Just don't use a public telephone.

The only good thing I'll say about 5 Guys fries is that they are plentiful and taste like potato. (Uhhh, don't check my math on that statement.)

I mean, they taste like a cut up baked potato more than a french fry. That is not really a good thing.

Sigh. I want good french fries now. Not waffle fries. Not steak fries. Good, crispy, delicious, perfectly 1/4" square on the end, french fries. Time to go back to reading Jeffrey Steingarten's essay on french fries in The Man Who Ate Everything and sighing wistfully.

SIGH

SIGH

The only good thing I'll say about 5 Guys fries is that they are plentiful and taste like potato. (Uhhh, don't check my math on that statement.)

I mean, they taste like a cut up baked potato more than a french fry. That is not really a good thing.

Sigh. I want good french fries now. Not waffle fries. Not steak fries. Good, crispy, delicious, perfectly 1/4" square on the end, french fries. Time to go back to reading Jeffrey Steingarten's essay on french fries in The Man Who Ate Everything and sighing wistfully.

SIGH

SIGH

With you on that. They're just too much, and I'd rather have shoestring fries anyday.