Lunch in Philadelphia

Jacquers

I'm going to be in Philadelphia this weekend and am looking for a good place to grab lunch. It doesn't need to be anything upscale, just good eats. Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Reading Terminal Market is always a good starting place for a variety of Philly eats.

If you are at all near Rittenhouse, Pub & Kitchen is open for brunch. It is a real Gastropub, the likes of which sadly doesn't exist in DC. I've only had the regular menu, which is excellent and I'd bet most of that is available at brunch.

Many thanks for the suggestions. I've been meaning to reply since returning from the trip. Went to RTM and had the Roast Pork Sandwhich at Dinic's. It was ridiculously good. The combination of juicy pork on a good hoagie with provolone and broccoli rabe is absolutely brilliant. Taylor gourmet is trying to do something similar, but it just doesn't compare.

I tried going by Oyster House on Sunday, as it was near my hotel, but it was closed. I walked into Nodding Head, but didn't last long, as they had a jazz band playing, but no TV to watch the women's world cup final.

Pub & Kitchen was a cool spot. I ended up there late night after dinner on Saturday. Some of the locals recommended it. Good times.

Ktmoomau - Morimoto is a place I want to try, but it is not open for lunch on the weekends.

Ktmoomau - Morimoto is a place I want to try, but it is not open for lunch on the weekends.

That's a shame, we had a lunch there (on a Friday) and it was really good and they had some specials that really were a good deal food wise, what we had was just really well done and presented well.