Bacon-Wrapped Eggs

Tweaked

I'll have to watch it on YouTube to see what the temp of the oven should be, as the small version was blocked by extraneous links. Oh, and is that the only sound track they could find? Otherwise, looks good!

Oven temp: 400 and cook til set, approx. 15 minutes. Those look awfully good.

Oven temp: 400 and cook til set, approx. 15 minutes. Those look awfully good.

I attempted this today, and the cooking time is radically wrong. The yolks were almost completely hard-cooked at 13 minutes. If I try this again, and I probably will, I think I'll give them about 8 minutes at 400 F. With the cheese topping, it's a little hard to tell what's going on when you check on the eggs, but don't even think of letting them go 15 minutes.

I attempted this today, and the cooking time is radically wrong. The yolks were almost completely hard-cooked at 13 minutes. If I try this again, and I probably will, I think I'll give them about 8 minutes at 400 F. With the cheese topping, it's a little hard to tell what's going on when you check on the eggs, but don't even think of letting them go 15 minutes.

You might want to try a lower temp, too. 400 degrees seems awfully high, to me, for cooking any kind of eggs.

I make shirred eggs occasionally. One egg per small buttered ramekin bakes at 325F for twelve minutes. Don't know how the bacon and cheese might affect them, but I'm with Barbara: 400F seems awfully hot.

I was thinking that this was just a fancy shirred egg too. Granted I did not look at the recipe, but is the high temp to cook the bacon? Or does it use somewhat pre-cooked bacon?

I was thinking that this was just a fancy shirred egg too. Granted I did not look at the recipe, but is the high temp to cook the bacon? Or does it use somewhat pre-cooked bacon?

The recipe calls for the bacon to be lightly cooked but not crispy.