Crab Salad

mbalaver

When I was a kid in NJ in the 60s and 70s we would sometimes have a simple crab meat salad, usually on saltines. My mother has no memory of this so maybe we would get it at a deli. I'm assuming it was just crab, mayo, maybe celery, maybe lemon. Any ideas?

When I was a kid in NJ in the 60s and 70s we would sometimes have a simple crab meat salad, usually on saltines. My mother has no memory of this so maybe we would get it at a deli. I'm assuming it was just crab, mayo, maybe celery, maybe lemon. Any ideas?

I'd add a bit of Old Bay, a shot or two of Worcesteshire and a dab of Dijon. Fresh chives would be lovely too.

I recommend Buster's for crab meat. I'm due to make crab cakes :mellow:

When I was growing up, this was the way my mom would fix it, (yes to the lemon and celery) plus a little black pepper. I was spoiled by growing up on a river and catching & cooking the crabs the same day, so none of the crab salad I have anymore lives up the memory of the flavor back then.