Vegetarian in Gaithersburg or Rockville

porcupine

A friend is hosting some out-of-towners for a conference in Gaithersburg, and one of them is a vegetarian (and there may be a pescatarian, too). For a number of reasons they'd like to stay in the Gburg/Rville area for dinner*. Any ideas other than Madras Palace, Yuan Fu, and Vegetable Garden? Thanks.

*though she might consider anywhere within easy walking distance of a red line stop; don't ask, it's her show, not mine

Joe's, A&J, Amina Thai, Seasons 52, Sichuan pavilion...

We took a visiting vegetarian friend to Joe's Noodle House on Sunday and he was very happy. Said it was the best Chinese food he'd ever had and that there was nothing close to as good where he lives, in Durham, NC. We shared scallion pancake, peanut-sesame noodles, dry-fried green beans, Chinese spinach, eggplant with basil. J& I ordered one meat dish for the two of us, Mongolian beef with cumin, and we loved it. He asked if we knew of a good ice cream place for dessert and we took him to Dolcezza in Bethesda. That sent him totally over the moon.

We took a visiting vegetarian friend to Joe's Noodle House on Sunday and he was very happy. Said it was the best Chinese food he'd ever had and that there was nothing close to as good where he lives, in Durham, NC. We shared scallion pancake, peanut-sesame noodles, dry-fried green beans, Chinese spinach, eggplant with basil. J& I ordered one meat dish for the two of us, Mongolian beef with cumin, and we loved it. He asked if we knew of a good ice cream place for dessert and we took him to Dolcezza in Bethesda. That sent him totally over the moon.

Instead of Dolcezza, next time, 2.5 miles further north on Rockville Pike will get you to York Castle.